This is going to be a mainstream article; in this, as the header states, I shall be covering how to see to one’s mental health as in keeping yourself psychologically healthy overall the same way you do simple things to keep yourself physically healthy.
1. Meditation; this simply involves calming your mind down and trying as hard as possible, without straining yourself, to silence your mind and to tell yourself either verbally out loud or if not an option in your mind, that you are calm and relaxed etc.
Empty yourself from all your thoughts and try to thrive during this exercise on nothingness. You’ll see that doing this even once a day will make you a lot calmer and stress-free.
2. Massages; getting a relax-massage, the type where calm, soothing music is playing in the background will do wonders and you’ll feel relaxed and calmer mentally; the appropriate frequency can be 1 to 2 times a week.
3. Introspection; being alone whether it’s outdoor or indoors will also help a lot and go a long way for one’s mental health, especially if you’re someone that is surrounded by people or general congestion. Being able to retreat to a place where there is none of that & have access to privacy where you can “do, say and act as you please” is golden.
4. Music; Listening to your favorite kind of music (undisturbed) will generally provide you with a sense of ease and calmness needed to prevent yourself from “flipping out & losing it”.
5. Long inhales & exhales; breathing in & out deeply will help in relieving stress, simple yet effective. Combined with #1, even better.
6. Vegetation; surrounding yourself with vegetation will help a lot as well- e.g. indoor plants that have detoxifying properties will aid in clearing the air & consequently, make you mentally healthier.
7. Nudity; being nude isn’t something that should be underestimated- your clothes in general constrict your body, and as a result you don’t take in as much air, and therefore (astral) energy (in ref. to breathing earlier). Walk nude around your living area (all the while keeping it private of course, and unseen by others) and go about your day, and you’ll see how much better you’ll feel (in general) after half a day even, let alone longer- I’d recommend doing so once a week in addition to the aforementioned points.
See this article as well.